The revised and updated edition of the groundbreaking book Asperger's and Girls describes the unique challenges of females on the autism spectrum. In Autism and Girls you'll follow the lives of women with autism through childhood, the social and academic challenges of the education system, and into the career and dating worlds. You'll also hear from top experts on crucial and often under-discussed subjects, including:
- Diagnosing girls with ASD
- Navigating the neurotypical social world
- Puberty, sexual health, and personal safety
- Independence, relationships, and marriage
- The importance of the right career
This book is a necessity for women with autism and those who love and support them. Direct advice from leading professionals and candid stories written by the indomitable women who have lived them send an important message: we are women with autism. Give us the right tools and we can change the world.